L1 Health Education
Teacher in Charge: Mr S. Lockwood
This course will provide students with an introduction to Health studies. Students will have a variety of opportunities to reflect on their own well‐being and look at how personal, interpersonal and societal influences can affect their own and others hauora (well-being).
Students will gain knowledge, skills and experience to:
- Understand what affects their hauora (well-being)
- Develop interpersonal skills when working within a group
- Set goals to enhance well‐being and implement a plan for achieving these goals
- Develop assertiveness skills and apply these in a variety of contexts
- Explain strategies that can promote positive sexuality for people in society
Recommended Prior Learning
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.