L3 Future Trades
Teacher in Charge: Ms S. Burggraaf
Trades Academy Level 3 helps students to pursue their interests and Vocational Pathways in a new, hands-on learning environment off school site. This will prepare them for further study at Polytechnic within their chosen pathway or for entering the workforce. Students who take this course will have dual enrolment. They will spend up to two days a week at a tertiary provider and the rest at school. Students must maintain appropriate attendance at both school and Polytechnic to remain on the course, and they are also responsible for maintaining class work. Trades Academy Courses usually offer between 20-40 credits on course completion. Transport is provided there and back.
Students can apply for a place on this course by selecting it as a subject. Applicants will be accepted after a successful interview by the Careers Department and then only after acceptance onto a Polytechnic Trades Academy course. To be eligible for entry into the Polytechnic Trades Academy you must have 60 credits at NCEA Level 1 including literacy and numeracy.
Trades Courses currently available off school site at Level 3 – Please note courses for 2021 will only run if numbers are sufficient.
- Pre Training Police Course Level 2-3 Bethlehem College - 4 terms - 20 credits
- Axiom Training 4 terms 31 credits (L2/3 credits) Drivers Training - gain your restricted licence, forklift licence and learn how to look after and maintain a car.
- BOP Futures Academy
- L3 Construction, Automotive, Engineering, Farming and Agriculture, Wood Manufacturing. Pest Control, Hospitality, Cookery and Culinary Arts, Food and Beverage, Tourism.
- EmployNZ - IT support L3 (18 credits)
- QRC - Hospitality Services L 2-3
- Te Wananga O Aotearoa
- Youbee - Game Art and Development, Animation and Digital Illustration and Web and Graphic courses (L3). Course is in Rotorua
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Recommended Prior Learning
Total Credits Available: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.